Is Covid-19 PCR and rapid testing available at Nairobi Airport?
Passengers arriving at JKIA Nairobi airport are require to have a valid negative Covid test which is presented to ministry of health port health officials for verification.
In addition passengers should also fill out the passenger surveillance form from ministry of health using this link(https://ears.health.go.ke/airline_registration/) which generates a QR code to be presented for verification.
On arrival there is not covid PCR testing at JKIA airport.However passengers are advised to have the test done prior departure.Failure to have a valid test on arrival could lead to quarantine at your own cost.
On transit, if one is exiting the terminal its possible to get a rapid test and a pcr test within Nairobi airport.
On departure as well its possible to get a Covid PCR test at the airport, right after four points Nairobi airport there is a building by the name “Airport Trade Center” that has a company that offers this services
However nowadays there are more than 20 certified testing centers approved by Kenya ministry of health, please visit below link to view them.
Just by searching this on google you will come across other mobile certified testing companies that can come to your physical location as opposed to you visiting the facility, have your test done and results processed same day.
Please plan your trip accordingly and contact your airline on what requirements are needed prior departure. Covid-19 requirements are evolving daily and now that we have a vaccine , not all destinations are requiring a negative PCR test on arrival for passengers with a vaccination certificate.
Travel requirements are changing daily hence please read,research and consult all about testing, test centers, vaccination, health declarations and entry requirements before your next trip.
Here is a detailed list on that you should read regarding your international trip to Kenya.
This information is provided by ATTA (African Travel and Tourism Association), and we have found it to be very consolidated, useful and up-to-date, but we strongly recommend that you always double check the latest travel requirements with the Kenyan government and your Foreign Office.
UPDATE ON KENYA
- Kenya is OPEN for tourism subject to international travel rules.
- NEW: Kenya has lifted its quarantine for travelers from the UK as of 24th September 2021. Find more on this update
- NEW: The UK has removed Kenya from its ‘red list’ countries as of 22 September 2021 and the FIDO has updated its advice and no longer advises against non essential travel.
- NEW :Travelers from India: Are exempt from quarantine as long as they are in possession of a negative PCR COVID test result conducted 96hours before travel.
- must self isolate for 10days upon arrival in the country and register on Jitenge for daily monitoring by the ministry of health.
- Travelers from Brunei, Thailand, Kuwait and Qatar will quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in a government approved facility at their own cost. Note: they must also provide evidence of their booking for quarantine 24 hrs before boarding. Pakistan has been removed from this list.
- NEW All travelers arriving into Kenya MUST have an approved e-visa. Visas are no longer available on arrival. You can purchase your visa on http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html
- Here is a detailed list onKenya’s Covid-19 travel requirements (updated as of 6 october 2021) that you should read regarding your international trip to Kenya. This information is provided by ATTA (African Travel and Tourism Association), and we have found it to be very consolidated, useful and up-to-date, but we strongly recommend that you always double check the latest travel requirements with the Kenyan government and your Foreign Office.
- NEW DOMESTIC TRAVEL RULES: The Kenyan Government has introduced a digital domestic travel locator card system‚ which will generate a QR code to present to Port Health Officials at domestic arrivals and departures at Wilson Airport. Please note that it is mandatory for all domestic travelers to fill out this form 24 hours prior to your domestic flight. Upon submission of the digital locator form‚ a QR code will be sent to your email address which we can then present to the port health desk for clearance. . Please note that this requirement is until further notice.